Saturday, April 2, 2011

My first ten mile run

So today was the day for my first ten mile run.  I've been a bit apprehensive about the run...not really sure why.  Maybe just the double digits?

Anyway...yesterday I went to roadrunner and scored some sweet Brooks Launches.  I had been running Asics 2140's and had not really been satisfied with them as of late.  I'm more of a mid foot striker...so after much research And talking with the lady at roadrunner got the Brooks.  They are really light weight and very comfortable.

So I woke at 7:30 this morning and got ready.  I'm testing energy gels and took a Gu.  Those things taste like shit and have the viscosity of bull semen.  Yuck.

Next was the audiobook I'm listening to.  I love running to books.  Its a great chance to just cruise and listen.  The book in rotation right now is 2001: A Space Odyssey.   I love Clarke.

Oh yeah...I carried a 22 oz water bottle.

Off I went.

I did a big loop in my end of town.  I headed up High to 161...down to Sinclair to Indianola...turned on N Broadway to High and headed back.  A perfect ten mile loop.

So what's the bottom line?  I felt great and have total confidence about the Cbus 10 mile race next weekend and the Cap City Half coming up.

I'm totally stoked.
 

1 comment:

  1. Woo! Way to go on your first 10-miler! You'll do great @ Cap City - see you there! ;) Oh, and I found I got used to GU - my favorite is the Chocolate Outrage.

    ReplyDelete